New ISCP/FST Trainer Area now available
The JCST has launched the new Trainer Area, for the use of Clinical Supervisors, Assigned Educational Supervisors and Training Programme Directors. The new area is designed to support trainer recognition and accreditation and is underpinned by the GMC-endorsed practical
standards developed by the Faculty of Surgical Trainers (FST).
The Trainer Area contains a number of tools that promote trainer recognition:
- A trainer profile section helps trainers to communicate information about themselves and to showcase their knowledge and skills.
- The assessment summary function automatically collates trainer workplace assessment activity.
- The multisource feedback element enables trainers to gather feedback from trainees and peers.
- A reflective notes section provides an easy format to record different types of experience.
- The document library provides a repository for importing documents as further evidence of training activity.
- The trainer dashboard displays an up-to-date summary of evidence uploaded against each standard.
- An additional range of multi-media help guides are available.
An accompanying video guide is now available on the recently-launched JCST YouTube channel.